Minnesota Unpaid Commissions.com
Recover Your Unpaid Commissions Under Minnesota Law
Are you owed unpaid commissions from a Minnesota employer?

If so, you may be entitled to recover all of your unpaid wages, substantial statutory penalties, attorney's fees, costs, and interest.
You Have Legal Rights . . .

The State of Minnesota has adopted special statutes to help you recover your final paycheck, accrued but unpaid vacation, unpaid commissions, and other unpaid wages that were earned but unpaid as of your final date of employment.  See Minn. Stat. § 181.13 and Minn. Stat. § 181.14.  As an employee, you should make a written demand for these unpaid wages and commissions.

Independent contractor salespersons paid on a commission basis have similar rights to be paid commissions that are earned prior to termination of the independent contractor relationship.  See
Minn. Stat. § 181.145.

Minnesota law establishes a worker's legal right to be paid these unpaid wages, penalties, attorney's fees, and costs.  See
Minn. Stat. § 181.171.

Certain independent contractor sales representatives are protected under a separate statute entitled the Minnesota Termination of Sales Representatives Act.

Both federal and Minnesota law also require employers to pay overtime pay in some circumstances under the federal and state Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).  If you are covered by these overtime laws, you may have a substantial claim for back overtime pay, penalties, and interest.

In addition to these statutory remedies, you may have legal claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and/or quantum meruit for recovery of the unpaid wages.

We Can Help . . .

This website is sponsored by Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. law firm, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  We routinely help employees recover their earned but unpaid wages and commissions from their employers as required by Minnesota and federal wage and hour laws.

We can help you prepare an effective demand letter for your unpaid wages, commissions and overtime pay.  If necessary, we can file a lawsuit in court to recover your unpaid wages and commissions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as statutory wage and hour penalties.

Initial Unpaid Commissions Legal Consultation . . .

Do not assume that you are not owed any money just because your employer has refused to pay these amounts or "company policy" says you cannot recover post-termination vacation payout, commissions, or bonuses.  In some cases, a commissioned salesperson may be entitled to commissions earned on sales made or closed following the last day of employment.

Before you walk away from your unpaid wages and commissions, take advantage of our Initial Minnesota Unpaid Commissions Legal Consultation with a Minnesota wage and hour attorney to determine if you have a legal claim.  We offer a two (2) hour case evaluation and initial legal consultation for the flat fee of $500.  Click here to review the Terms and Conditions of our Initial Legal Consultation Policy.

In appropriate cases, we will represent clients on a "contingency" basis, meaning that you will not be required to pay legal fees by the hour.  In such cases, we will keep a percentage of any unpaid wages and penalties recovered.

© 2009 – 2013 Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A.

The law firm of Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. in Minneapolis, Minnesota represents individual employees and employers in disputes involving unpaid wages and commissions, including recovery, nonpayment, withholdings, deductions, and failure to pay wages and commissions.  We also handle claims under Minn. Stat. 181.13, Minn. Stat. 181.14, Minn. Stat. 181.145, Minn. Stat. 181.171, and other Minnesota wage laws and statutes including overtime pay laws, minimum wage laws, wage and hour statutes, the Fair Labor Standards Act, FLSA, and unpaid wages litigation. Our attorneys represent clients in Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Duluth, Albert Lea, Apple Valley, Brainerd, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Elk River, Mankato, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, Moorhead, Richfield, Stillwater, Twin Cities, and other cities within the State of Minnesota (MN) (Minn.).